Belturbet Railway Station in Belturbet

Belturbet Railway Station is located in Belturbet (county of Cavan)

Address: Railway Road, Belturbet
Postcode:

Position on map:

Phone: 049 9529666 / 049 9522074 / 087 6894808 / 087 2639764
E-mail: belturbetcommunity@gmail.com

Belturbet Railway Station which opened in 1885 was built and operated by the Great Northern Railway Company of Ireland. The station served as the connecting point for the Great Northern Railway broad gauge and the Cavan and Leitrim Railway narrow gauge railway lines and accommodated both railway companies until its closure in 1959. The station was built entirely of locally sourced stone and is reputed to be the only Grade 1 station constructed entirely of cut stone. The station buildings lay derelict for almost 40 years until the Belturbet Community Development Association purchased the entire 10 acre site in 1995. The buildings had during that time served as farmyard buildings and had been subjected to the effects of weather, fire and theft. They were subsequently refurbished to the original state with great attention to detail gained by reference to original plans drawn on silk.


Reviews

Review summary:

0.0
Rated 0.0 out of 5
0.0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Recent reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

You have visited this place? Submit a new review: