Bishop Daniel Delany Museum in Tullow

Bishop Daniel Delany Museum is located in Tullow (county of Carlow)

Address: Brigidine Convent, Tullow
Postcode:

Position on map:

Phone: 059 9151308
E-mail: info@carlowtourism.com

During the early years of the 19th century the then Bishop of Kildare & Leighlin, Daniel Delany saw education as a pathway to a fuller and better life for all. In 1807 to progress his vision he founded a congregation of sisters, the Brigidine Sisters, named in honour of St. Brigid, the patroness of the diocese. A year later in 1808 he founded the Patrician Brothers, named in honour of the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick. In 2008 this museum was opened in Tullow Town in which both Congregations were founded. The main focus of the museum is a display of artefacts relating to Bishop Daniel Delany and to the work of the Sisters and Brothers.


Reviews

Review summary:

0.0
Rated 0.0 out of 5
0.0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Recent reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

You have visited this place? Submit a new review: