Skerries Mills in Fingal

Skerries Mills is located in Fingal (county of Dublin )

Address: Skerries, Fingal
Postcode:

Position on map:

Phone: 01 8495208
E-mail: info@skerriesmills.ie

The story of stone-ground milling in Skerries can be traced to the early 16th century when the lands belonged to the Priory of Holmpatrick, an Augustinian monastic foundation. Milling continued in Skerries until the early years of the 20th century and a bakery which existed by 1840, was producing breads and confectionery until the mid 1980’s. Following a ten year restoration project undertaken by the Fingal County Council, F.Á.S. and the local community, the centre is open to the public throughout the year. The mills with associated mill pond, mill races and wet lands are now a focal point for Skerries Town Park and the site commands wonderful views of the coast and off-shore islands. Visitors begin their guided tour of the site in the four-storey watermill building; they can try their skills at grinding; observe the waterwheel at work and walk through the corn field to visit one of the windmills. The watermill also houses the Watermill Café, Award Winning Craft Shop and exhibition space which can be accessed independently.


Reviews

Review summary:

0.0
Rated 0.0 out of 5
0.0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Recent reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

You have visited this place? Submit a new review: