St. George’s Heritage & Visitor Centre in Carrick-on-Shannon

St. George’s Heritage & Visitor Centre is located in Carrick-on-Shannon (county of Leitrim)

Address: Church Lane (off Main Street) , Carrick-on-Shannon
Postcode:

Position on map:

Phone: 071 9621757
E-mail: stgeorgevisitorcentre@eircom.net / twintraditionscarrick@gmail.com

St. George’s Church, built in 1827, has been a place of Church of Ireland worship for nearly 200 years. In 2005, the Church was restored and refurbished. The Church is now home to a number of exhibits including important ecclesiastical silver, books, medals and trophies and the original rare Telford Pipe Organ (1847), one of two still functioning pipe organs of this period. There is also an interactive banner presentation. The banners rise and fall to the music of Bach and Teleman, excerpts from a concert given by Professor Gerard Gillen at St. Georges in the 1980’s. Leitrim has a rich musical and literary tradition; quotations from local writers John McGahern, Canon Willian Slator and Susan Mitchell adorn the wall. Overall, the graphic interpretations concentrate on the history of the locality.


Reviews

Review summary:

0.0
Rated 0.0 out of 5
0.0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Recent reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

You have visited this place? Submit a new review: