Emo Court in Emo

Emo Court is located in Emo (county of Laois)

Address: , Emo
Postcode:

Position on map:

Phone: 057 8626573
E-mail: emocourt@opw.ie

Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style. During the middle of the 20th century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s. The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs. The house and gardens were taken into State ownership in 1994.


Reviews

Review summary:

0.0
Rated 0.0 out of 5
0.0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Recent reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

You have visited this place? Submit a new review: